French ambassador meets Narendra Modi, discusses partnership
Ahmedabad: Ambassador of France to India Francois Richier with a business delegation met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar on Tuesday and discussed potential areas for partnership.
"A business delegation from France led by its envoy to India Francois Richier held a one-to-one meet with Chief Minister Narendra Modi today. Fruitful discussions on developing partnership with Gujarat emerged from the meet," an official statement issued by the state information department said here.
Richier was accompanied by officials of 14 French companies, the statement said, adding that he held two-hour meeting with state government officials and discussed partnership with Gujarat in urban infrastructure and transport, solid waste and water management, defence equipment as well as solar energy.
Some of these companies showed commitment to set up projects in Gujarat, the statement said.
Modi sought French co-operation to develop the defence equipment manufacturing sector in Gujarat and providing engineering expertise to create trained manpower in this field, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday