French ambassador meets Narendra Modi, discusses partnership
Ahmedabad: Ambassador of France to India Francois Richier with a business delegation met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar on Tuesday and discussed potential areas for partnership.
"A business delegation from France led by its envoy to India Francois Richier held a one-to-one meet with Chief Minister Narendra Modi today. Fruitful discussions on developing partnership with Gujarat emerged from the meet," an official statement issued by the state information department said here.
Richier was accompanied by officials of 14 French companies, the statement said, adding that he held two-hour meeting with state government officials and discussed partnership with Gujarat in urban infrastructure and transport, solid waste and water management, defence equipment as well as solar energy.
Some of these companies showed commitment to set up projects in Gujarat, the statement said.
Modi sought French co-operation to develop the defence equipment manufacturing sector in Gujarat and providing engineering expertise to create trained manpower in this field, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'