French ambassador meets Narendra Modi, discusses partnership
Ahmedabad: Ambassador of France to India Francois Richier with a business delegation met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi in Gandhinagar on Tuesday and discussed potential areas for partnership.
"A business delegation from France led by its envoy to India Francois Richier held a one-to-one meet with Chief Minister Narendra Modi today. Fruitful discussions on developing partnership with Gujarat emerged from the meet," an official statement issued by the state information department said here.
Richier was accompanied by officials of 14 French companies, the statement said, adding that he held two-hour meeting with state government officials and discussed partnership with Gujarat in urban infrastructure and transport, solid waste and water management, defence equipment as well as solar energy.
Some of these companies showed commitment to set up projects in Gujarat, the statement said.
Modi sought French co-operation to develop the defence equipment manufacturing sector in Gujarat and providing engineering expertise to create trained manpower in this field, it added.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why