Gandhian principles are not easy to follow, says Pak official
Ahmedabad: A four-member Pakistani delegation led by Lahore Commissioner Rashid Mehmood Langrial today visited Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram during their two-day visit to Gujarat.
"Today, we visited Gandhiji`s Sabarmati Ashram and found the place a perfect abode for a man who taught both East and West a new way of looking at the reality of life. His Ashram principles are not easy to follow, but some of them are worth a try," Lahore Commissioner Langrial wrote in the visitors` book of Sabarmati Ashram.
Langrial also spent time at `Hriday Kunj` where Gandhiji stayed during his days in Gujarat.
Besides Langrial, the four-member Pakistani delegation include Lahore Development Authority (LDA) Director-General Ahad Khan Cheema, LDA`s strategic policy unit chief Moazzam Sipra and Mustafa Kamal Chaudhry, a technical expert and consultant on urban infrastructure projects.
The delegation also visited the Sabarmati Riverfront (SR) project yesterday, to replicate it in Lahore on the banks of the river Ravi.
The visit is supposedly at the behest of Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, after he learnt about major development initiatives undertaken by his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi, when he was Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had shown interest in the Sabarmati Riverfront project after he learnt about it pushed officials to visit it at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says