Gandhian principles are not easy to follow, says Pak official
Ahmedabad: A four-member Pakistani delegation led by Lahore Commissioner Rashid Mehmood Langrial Tuesday visited Mahatma Gandhi`s Sabarmati Ashram during their two-day visit to Gujarat.
"Today, we visited Gandhiji`s Sabarmati Ashram and found the place a perfect abode for a man who taught both East and West a new way of looking at the reality of life. His Ashram principles are not easy to follow, but some of them are worth a try," Lahore Commissioner Langrial wrote in the visitors` book of Sabarmati Ashram.
Langrial also spent time at `Hriday Kunj` where Gandhiji stayed during his days in Gujarat.
Besides Langrial, the four-member Pakistani delegation include Lahore Development Authority (LDA) Director-General Ahad Khan Cheema, LDA`s strategic policy unit chief Moazzam Sipra and Mustafa Kamal Chaudhry, a technical expert and consultant on urban infrastructure projects.
The delegation also visited the Sabarmati Riverfront (SR) project yesterday, to replicate it in Lahore on the banks of the river Ravi.
The visit is supposedly at the behest of Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, after he learnt about major development initiatives undertaken by his Indian counterpart Narendra Modi, when he was Chief Minister of Gujarat.
Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif had shown interest in the Sabarmati Riverfront project after he learnt about it pushed officials to visit it at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state