Gandhinagar victory a harbinger of autumn for Modi: Congress
New Delhi: Euphoric over its victory
in municipal election in BJP leader L K Advani`s constituency Gandhinagar, Congress Thursday claimed that it was beginning of
the end of Narenda Modi`s rule in Gujarat.
"It was a case of darkness at the foot of a light
house in Gandhinagar and the people there made an attempt to
dispel the darkness and move towards light this time. It is a
reminder to the changing reality in the state and points to
the beginning of the spring for Congress and autumn for BJP
there," party spokesperson Manish Tewari said.
The Congress won 18 of the 33 seats in the
newly-constituted Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation (GMC) in a
setback to BJP and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
It was a keenly-contested battle between ruling BJP
and opposition Congress as Gandhinagar parliamentary seat has
been represented by senior BJP leader Lal Krishna Advani.
AICC general secretary in-charge of Gujarat Mohan
Prakash said the poor and the helpless people there have vent
out their feeling in the elections.
He claimed it was "beginning of the end of Modi`s
rule" in the state.
Senior party leader from the state Shakti Singh Gohil
said that the Congress victory from the "Prime Minister-in-
waiting Lal Krishna Advani`s constituency will mark the end of
BJP from the entire Gujarat".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed