Ganesh idol immersion in Vadodara city passes of peacefully
Vadodara: More than 1,500 idols of Lord Ganesh were immersed in various ponds and lakes located in the city and surrounding area this evening so far.
"Immersion will continue until late night and tight security arrangements have been made in the city for the occasion," Vadodara Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said on Wednesday night.
At several places, members of the minority community garlanded idols of Lord Ganesh when the immersion procession passed through sensitive localities, Gani Qureshi, former chairman of the Gujarat Minorities Board and a former BJP corporator said.
For the first time, the Vadodara police deployed an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to keep an eye on Lord Ganesh immersion processions in communally sensitive areas.
At least 1,500 policemen and 2,530 homeguards, besides eight battalions of the State Reserve Police as well as two battalions of the Rapid Action Force were deployed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon