Ganesh idol immersion in Vadodara city passes of peacefully
Vadodara: More than 1,500 idols of Lord Ganesh were immersed in various ponds and lakes located in the city and surrounding area this evening so far.
"Immersion will continue until late night and tight security arrangements have been made in the city for the occasion," Vadodara Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said on Wednesday night.
At several places, members of the minority community garlanded idols of Lord Ganesh when the immersion procession passed through sensitive localities, Gani Qureshi, former chairman of the Gujarat Minorities Board and a former BJP corporator said.
For the first time, the Vadodara police deployed an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to keep an eye on Lord Ganesh immersion processions in communally sensitive areas.
At least 1,500 policemen and 2,530 homeguards, besides eight battalions of the State Reserve Police as well as two battalions of the Rapid Action Force were deployed, sources said.
- Beat the summer heat with these five cooling foods!
- Huge jams in Delhi, Noida as diesel taxi drivers protest against SC order
- Here’s how Hrithik Roshan responded when ‘characterless Kangana’ trended on Twitter
- Keenan-Reuben murder case: Mumbai court adjourns matter till May 5
- Bihar panchayat elections: Polling begins for third phase