Ganesh idol immersion in Vadodara city passes of peacefully
Vadodara: More than 1,500 idols of Lord Ganesh were immersed in various ponds and lakes located in the city and surrounding area this evening so far.
"Immersion will continue until late night and tight security arrangements have been made in the city for the occasion," Vadodara Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said on Wednesday night.
At several places, members of the minority community garlanded idols of Lord Ganesh when the immersion procession passed through sensitive localities, Gani Qureshi, former chairman of the Gujarat Minorities Board and a former BJP corporator said.
For the first time, the Vadodara police deployed an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to keep an eye on Lord Ganesh immersion processions in communally sensitive areas.
At least 1,500 policemen and 2,530 homeguards, besides eight battalions of the State Reserve Police as well as two battalions of the Rapid Action Force were deployed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis