Ganesh idol immersion in Vadodara city passes of peacefully
Vadodara: More than 1,500 idols of Lord Ganesh were immersed in various ponds and lakes located in the city and surrounding area this evening so far.
"Immersion will continue until late night and tight security arrangements have been made in the city for the occasion," Vadodara Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said on Wednesday night.
At several places, members of the minority community garlanded idols of Lord Ganesh when the immersion procession passed through sensitive localities, Gani Qureshi, former chairman of the Gujarat Minorities Board and a former BJP corporator said.
For the first time, the Vadodara police deployed an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to keep an eye on Lord Ganesh immersion processions in communally sensitive areas.
At least 1,500 policemen and 2,530 homeguards, besides eight battalions of the State Reserve Police as well as two battalions of the Rapid Action Force were deployed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit