Ganesh idol immersion in Vadodara city passes of peacefully
Vadodara: More than 1,500 idols of Lord Ganesh were immersed in various ponds and lakes located in the city and surrounding area this evening so far.
"Immersion will continue until late night and tight security arrangements have been made in the city for the occasion," Vadodara Police Commissioner Satish Sharma said on Wednesday night.
At several places, members of the minority community garlanded idols of Lord Ganesh when the immersion procession passed through sensitive localities, Gani Qureshi, former chairman of the Gujarat Minorities Board and a former BJP corporator said.
For the first time, the Vadodara police deployed an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) to keep an eye on Lord Ganesh immersion processions in communally sensitive areas.
At least 1,500 policemen and 2,530 homeguards, besides eight battalions of the State Reserve Police as well as two battalions of the Rapid Action Force were deployed, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!