Gang withdrawing money by fake debit cards busted
Vadodara: One person has been arrested for allegedly withdrawing cash illegally from unmanned ATMs by using fake debit cards, police said on Sunday.
"Sanjay Patel was arrested yesterday after complaints from several ATM card holders," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Subhash Trivedi said.
"We collected CCTV footages from these ATMs and studied the modus operandi of the gang involving Patel," he said.
"On the basis of CCTV footages, Patel was picked up from the Sama locality in the city. He confessed to his crime saying two other members were also involved in it. One of the two is from Agra in Uttar Pradesh and another from Gujarat," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened