Gang withdrawing money by fake debit cards busted
Vadodara: One person has been arrested for allegedly withdrawing cash illegally from unmanned ATMs by using fake debit cards, police said on Sunday.
"Sanjay Patel was arrested yesterday after complaints from several ATM card holders," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Subhash Trivedi said.
"We collected CCTV footages from these ATMs and studied the modus operandi of the gang involving Patel," he said.
"On the basis of CCTV footages, Patel was picked up from the Sama locality in the city. He confessed to his crime saying two other members were also involved in it. One of the two is from Agra in Uttar Pradesh and another from Gujarat," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days