Gang withdrawing money by fake debit cards busted
Vadodara: One person has been arrested for allegedly withdrawing cash illegally from unmanned ATMs by using fake debit cards, police said on Sunday.
"Sanjay Patel was arrested yesterday after complaints from several ATM card holders," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Subhash Trivedi said.
"We collected CCTV footages from these ATMs and studied the modus operandi of the gang involving Patel," he said.
"On the basis of CCTV footages, Patel was picked up from the Sama locality in the city. He confessed to his crime saying two other members were also involved in it. One of the two is from Agra in Uttar Pradesh and another from Gujarat," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB