Gang withdrawing money by fake debit cards busted
Vadodara: One person has been arrested for allegedly withdrawing cash illegally from unmanned ATMs by using fake debit cards, police said on Sunday.
"Sanjay Patel was arrested yesterday after complaints from several ATM card holders," Deputy Commissioner of Police (Crime) Subhash Trivedi said.
"We collected CCTV footages from these ATMs and studied the modus operandi of the gang involving Patel," he said.
"On the basis of CCTV footages, Patel was picked up from the Sama locality in the city. He confessed to his crime saying two other members were also involved in it. One of the two is from Agra in Uttar Pradesh and another from Gujarat," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them