GC Murmu appointed as principal secretary to Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Anandi Patel, the new Chief Minister of Gujarat, on Monday appointed senior IAS officer G C Murmu as her principal secretary.
Vijay Nehra would be her secretary, official sources said.
Both Murmu and Nehra earlier worked in the office of Patel`s predecessor, Narendra Modi.
Gir-Somnath district collector Rajesh Manju has been transferred and appointed as joint secretary in the state finance department, he will look after preparation of budget.
The budget will be presented during the Assembly session beginning from July 1. In February, Modi-led state government had presented a vote on account for the first four months of 2014-15.
Meanwhile, Hasmukh Joshi has been appointed as the head of Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?