GC Murmu appointed as principal secretary to Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Anandi Patel, the new Chief Minister of Gujarat, on Monday appointed senior IAS officer G C Murmu as her principal secretary.
Vijay Nehra would be her secretary, official sources said.
Both Murmu and Nehra earlier worked in the office of Patel`s predecessor, Narendra Modi.
Gir-Somnath district collector Rajesh Manju has been transferred and appointed as joint secretary in the state finance department, he will look after preparation of budget.
The budget will be presented during the Assembly session beginning from July 1. In February, Modi-led state government had presented a vote on account for the first four months of 2014-15.
Meanwhile, Hasmukh Joshi has been appointed as the head of Gujarat Public Service Commission (GPSC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- PM Modi's 10th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat': As it happened
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday