GCCI`s amended constitution to be unveiled on June 21
Ahmedabad: State industry body Gujarat
Chamber of Commerce and Industry (GCCI) will unveil the draft
of its amended constitution during the EGM to be convened on
June 21, possibly paving way for the Chamber`s election, a
member of the GCCI high power committee (HPC) said today.
GCCI`s executive committee was dissolved a few months ago
following a complaint in court alleging that signature of some
prominent industrialists appearing in the minutes book of
extraordinary general meeting (EGM) were forged.
Following the crisis, a five member HPC took over the
administration of the GCCI and since then has convened several
meetings to finalise the new constitution draft.
The Chamber`s HPC comprising state`s prominent
industrialists like Nirma group head Karsan Patel, Adani Group
CMD Gautam Adani, Zydus Cadila CMD Pankaj Patel, Jehangir Cama
and former director, IIM-A Bakul Dholakia, had expressed a
need for amending the constitution after taking over the
"A draft of the Chamber`s new amended constitution will
be circulated amongst all its 3,000 odd members during the EGM
slated for June 21," Dholakia said.
Once the new constitution is in place then several new
processes can start, possibly the process for the Chamber`s
elections, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday