GCMMF chairman touches Modi`s feet in public
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) chairman Vipul Chaudhary, against whom a no-confidence motion was moved last month by BJP-backed directors on the board, today touched Chief Minister Narendra Modi `s feet in Gandhinagar where the leader was meeting people on the Gujarati New Year day.
It was learnt that Chaudhary also touched Modi`s feet with his head.
A no-confidence motion was moved against Chaudhary last month by 14 of GCMMF`s 17 directors for alleged mismanagement and it was expected to be taken up in the board meeting.
However, the board meeting was stayed by the Gujarat High Court on the grounds of absence of any provision for moving no-confidence motion under Gujarat Co-operative Societies Act.
Chaudhary had taken over as the GCMMF chairman in August 2012.
Chaudhary, who is with BJP, had recently met Congress Vice-President Rahul Gandhi during the latter`s visit to the state. This, according to GCMMF sources, had irked the saffron party, whose senior ministers had sought his removal from the GCMMF chairman`s chair.
The GCMMF, Asia`s largest dairy, is the apex marketing body of various district dairy cooperatives of Amul.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him