Gift articles from Modi`s treasure house will be auctioned
Vadodara: In a bid to raise funds for
girl child education, gifts from Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi`s `treasure house` will be auctioned here at an
exhibition-cum-auction, a top official said today.
It is for the first time such auction will take place
from March 2 to 5 in the entire central Gujarat region,
district collector Vijay Nehra said.
The exhibition will be held at city’s Vivekanand
Art gallery and around 1,173 gift articles including 87 silver
articles, 109 shields mementos and 185 art pieces and
attractive gift articles would be on display, he said.
Modi is the only Chief Minister in the country who
deposits gifts and mementos given to him as a mark of
respect and affection by citizens to the `treasure house`,
The gift articles are then auctioned and the amount
is utilised for girl child education in the state.
As many as 71 swords, 50 turbans, traditional tribal
bows and arrows, over 200 shawls, crystal mementos, artistic
silver pots, silver idols, images of Maharana Pratap and
Mahatma Gandhi, wooden articles and paintings will be the star
attractions for visitors.
It is an opportunity for the citizens of Vadodara,
Panchmahal, Dahod, Bharuch, Narmada, Anand and Kheda districts
to participate in the auction and contribute in girl child
education drive, Nehra said.
The last exhibition was held in Vapi in May, 2007 and
fetched around Rs 1.43 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?