Gift family, friends hand written letter this Diwali: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has sent out a message to the people to give a hand written letter to their family and friends on the occasion of Diwali, in order to give them a unique gift.
Modi wrote in his blog – "During this festive season I have a request to make to you. In this age of text messages, WhatsApp, social media, Tweets and e-mails, when was the last time you had written a hand written letter?"
He appealed to all – "Let us give a unique Diwali gift to our family and friends, a hand written letter. Surprise them with the handwritten letter that would and talk about the importance of voter registration. If they have not registered as voters, urge them to register and urge them to spread the message to their family and friends! This is something where our NRI friends can help in a major way."
The Gujarat CM further wrote – "Our nation is at a very critical juncture and it is the voters, the Bhagya Vidhatas of a democracy who steer the nation away from troubled times."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"