Gift family, friends hand written letter this Diwali: Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has sent out a message to the people to give a hand written letter to their family and friends on the occasion of Diwali, in order to give them a unique gift.
Modi wrote in his blog – "During this festive season I have a request to make to you. In this age of text messages, WhatsApp, social media, Tweets and e-mails, when was the last time you had written a hand written letter?"
He appealed to all – "Let us give a unique Diwali gift to our family and friends, a hand written letter. Surprise them with the handwritten letter that would and talk about the importance of voter registration. If they have not registered as voters, urge them to register and urge them to spread the message to their family and friends! This is something where our NRI friends can help in a major way."
The Gujarat CM further wrote – "Our nation is at a very critical juncture and it is the voters, the Bhagya Vidhatas of a democracy who steer the nation away from troubled times."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list