Girl burnt alive by father, grandfather in Banaskantha
Banaskantha(Guj): An 18-year-old girl
sustained serious injuries after she was allegedly burnt
alive by her father and grandfather over a petty issue at
Dhandha village of the district, police said today.
The incident took place last night after the girl did
not go to work in the field as she was unwell, they said.
According to police, the girl`s father Babu Aasediya
and grandfather Lavaji Asediya, angry at her for not going to
work, set her on fire.
The girl sustained serious burn injures and was
shifted to civil hospital in Ahmedabad where her condition is
said to be stable, police said.
A case has been registered against the girl`s father
and grandfather, who have not been arrested yet, police said,
adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"