Girl burnt alive by father, grandfather in Banaskantha
Banaskantha: An 18-year-old girl
sustained serious injuries after she was allegedly burnt
alive by her father and grandfather over a petty issue at
Dhandha village of the district, police said today.
The incident took place last night after the girl did
not go to work in the field as she was unwell, they said.
According to police, the girl`s father Babu Aasediya
and grandfather Lavaji Asediya, angry at her for not going to
work, set her on fire.
The girl sustained serious burn injures and was
shifted to civil hospital in Ahmedabad where her condition is
said to be stable, police said.
A case has been registered against the girl`s father
and grandfather, who have not been arrested yet, police said,
adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!