Girl burnt alive by father, grandfather in Banaskantha
Banaskantha: An 18-year-old girl
sustained serious injuries after she was allegedly burnt
alive by her father and grandfather over a petty issue at
Dhandha village of the district, police said today.
The incident took place last night after the girl did
not go to work in the field as she was unwell, they said.
According to police, the girl`s father Babu Aasediya
and grandfather Lavaji Asediya, angry at her for not going to
work, set her on fire.
The girl sustained serious burn injures and was
shifted to civil hospital in Ahmedabad where her condition is
said to be stable, police said.
A case has been registered against the girl`s father
and grandfather, who have not been arrested yet, police said,
adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’