Girl burnt alive by father, grandfather in Banaskantha
Banaskantha: An 18-year-old girl
sustained serious injuries after she was allegedly burnt
alive by her father and grandfather over a petty issue at
Dhandha village of the district, police said today.
The incident took place last night after the girl did
not go to work in the field as she was unwell, they said.
According to police, the girl`s father Babu Aasediya
and grandfather Lavaji Asediya, angry at her for not going to
work, set her on fire.
The girl sustained serious burn injures and was
shifted to civil hospital in Ahmedabad where her condition is
said to be stable, police said.
A case has been registered against the girl`s father
and grandfather, who have not been arrested yet, police said,
adding that further investigation was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda