Give security to Naroda Patiya witnesses: Court
Ahmedabad: A special court here on Thursday
directed the Special Investigation Team to provide adequate
security to witnesses of the 2002 Naroda Patiya case.
The court was hearing a plea of some of the witnesses who
had approached it following the murder of RTI activist Nadeem
Saiyed, a key witness in the case.
Special judge Jyotsna Yagnik, hearing the case, asked the
SIT to review security of the six witnesses who had approached
the court and directed it to provide adequate security under
the witness protection programme as directed by the Supreme
Shakilabanu Firozahmed, Farzanabanu Pathan, Janantbibi
Shaikh, Dildar Saiyed, Ishratjahan Saiyed and Salim Saiyed had
approached the court following the murder of Nadeem, who was
stabbed to death near his house in Juhapura area last week.
Following the incident, witnesses in the case expressed
concern about their security and sought 24-hour security.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed