Godhra riots: Nanavati panel summons Zadafia, nine other policemen
Ahmedabad: Nanavati commission has
summoned former minister Gordhan Zadafia for questioning in
connection with post-Godhra riot cases that the panel is
Zadafia who was Minister of State for Home during 2002
riot has been asked to appear on October 20, sources in the
commission said today.
Besides Zadafia, who has parted with the BJP and
floated a new party, the commission has also summoned the then
DSP R J Savani and eight other police officers of different
ranks in the last week of October, they said.
Savani has been asked to appear before the commission
on 15 October.
He was summoned based on application of NGO Jan
Among those summoned also include a retired IPS
officer M K Tandon, who was joint commissioner of police of
Ahmedabad in 2002.
According to commission sources, the summons have been
issued after studying the new material that was provided to
the probe panel by the Supreme Court appointed Special
Investigation Team (SIT) which is investigating some of the
Zadafia was summoned by SIT last month but he had
failed to appear before the agency.
Retired IPS officer M K Tandon was already
interrogated by the SIT last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?