Godhra riots: Nanavati panel summons Zadafia, nine other policemen
Ahmedabad: Nanavati commission has
summoned former minister Gordhan Zadafia for questioning in
connection with post-Godhra riot cases that the panel is
Zadafia who was Minister of State for Home during 2002
riot has been asked to appear on October 20, sources in the
commission said today.
Besides Zadafia, who has parted with the BJP and
floated a new party, the commission has also summoned the then
DSP R J Savani and eight other police officers of different
ranks in the last week of October, they said.
Savani has been asked to appear before the commission
on 15 October.
He was summoned based on application of NGO Jan
Among those summoned also include a retired IPS
officer M K Tandon, who was joint commissioner of police of
Ahmedabad in 2002.
According to commission sources, the summons have been
issued after studying the new material that was provided to
the probe panel by the Supreme Court appointed Special
Investigation Team (SIT) which is investigating some of the
Zadafia was summoned by SIT last month but he had
failed to appear before the agency.
Retired IPS officer M K Tandon was already
interrogated by the SIT last month.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3 billion India IPO
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley