Godhra riots: Nanavati panel summons Zadafia, nine other policemen
Ahmedabad: Nanavati commission has
summoned former minister Gordhan Zadafia for questioning in
connection with post-Godhra riot cases that the panel is
Zadafia who was Minister of State for Home during 2002
riot has been asked to appear on October 20, sources in the
commission said today.
Besides Zadafia, who has parted with the BJP and
floated a new party, the commission has also summoned the then
DSP R J Savani and eight other police officers of different
ranks in the last week of October, they said.
Savani has been asked to appear before the commission
on 15 October.
He was summoned based on application of NGO Jan
Among those summoned also include a retired IPS
officer M K Tandon, who was joint commissioner of police of
Ahmedabad in 2002.
According to commission sources, the summons have been
issued after studying the new material that was provided to
the probe panel by the Supreme Court appointed Special
Investigation Team (SIT) which is investigating some of the
Zadafia was summoned by SIT last month but he had
failed to appear before the agency.
Retired IPS officer M K Tandon was already
interrogated by the SIT last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000