Godhra riots: Nanavati panel summons Zadafia, nine other policemen
Ahmedabad: Nanavati commission has
summoned former minister Gordhan Zadafia for questioning in
connection with post-Godhra riot cases that the panel is
Zadafia who was Minister of State for Home during 2002
riot has been asked to appear on October 20, sources in the
commission said today.
Besides Zadafia, who has parted with the BJP and
floated a new party, the commission has also summoned the then
DSP R J Savani and eight other police officers of different
ranks in the last week of October, they said.
Savani has been asked to appear before the commission
on 15 October.
He was summoned based on application of NGO Jan
Among those summoned also include a retired IPS
officer M K Tandon, who was joint commissioner of police of
Ahmedabad in 2002.
According to commission sources, the summons have been
issued after studying the new material that was provided to
the probe panel by the Supreme Court appointed Special
Investigation Team (SIT) which is investigating some of the
Zadafia was summoned by SIT last month but he had
failed to appear before the agency.
Retired IPS officer M K Tandon was already
interrogated by the SIT last month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Calls from Dawood Ibrahim's house: ATS to probe charges against Eknath Khadse
- Obama looks to Hiroshima visit; Abe won't go to Pearl Harbor
- India emerges as 5th largest producer of e-waste in world, says study
- Arun Shourie's comments against Narendra Modi based on personal reasons: Arun Jaitley
- AFSPA should stay till police trained to contain insurgency: RSS