`Godmother` Santokben Jadeja`s son arrested
Rajkot: Karan Jadeja, son of former Independent MLA and late alleged gangster Santokben Jadeja, was on Friday arrested by Porbandar crime branch in an Arms Act case registered against him in Mumbai.
Karan had been arrested by Mumbai police in 2006 in connection with the murder of his sister-in-law Rekha Kandhal Jadeja. Mumbai police had also seized a pistol from his possession.
He was acquitted in the murder case in 2011 by a local court, but the case under the Arms Act, for possessing weapon, is still pending.
Karan had to appear before a Mumbai court, but he did not appear so the court issued an arrest warrant, police said.
"Karan has been arrested and we have informed the Mumbai police, which will soon take his custody, a senior police official said.
His elder brother Kandhal Jadeja is NCP MLA from Kutiyana constituency, while his mother Santokben Jadeja, known as as `Godmother`, passed away two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!