`Godmother` Santokben Jadeja`s son arrested
Rajkot: Karan Jadeja, son of former Independent MLA and late alleged gangster Santokben Jadeja, was on Friday arrested by Porbandar crime branch in an Arms Act case registered against him in Mumbai.
Karan had been arrested by Mumbai police in 2006 in connection with the murder of his sister-in-law Rekha Kandhal Jadeja. Mumbai police had also seized a pistol from his possession.
He was acquitted in the murder case in 2011 by a local court, but the case under the Arms Act, for possessing weapon, is still pending.
Karan had to appear before a Mumbai court, but he did not appear so the court issued an arrest warrant, police said.
"Karan has been arrested and we have informed the Mumbai police, which will soon take his custody, a senior police official said.
His elder brother Kandhal Jadeja is NCP MLA from Kutiyana constituency, while his mother Santokben Jadeja, known as as `Godmother`, passed away two years ago.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security