Gopinath Munde backs Modi as PM candidate
Vadodara: A day after BJP leader Sushma Swaraj endorsed Narendra Modi as party`s prime ministerial candidate, senior party leader Gopinath Munde backed her saying the Gujarat chief minister is indeed a candidate for the post.
"Modi`s name figures as the prime ministerial candidate...Gujarat has made tremendous progress under his leadership," Munde told reporters at airport here tonight.
Swaraj had yesterday said that Narendra Modi is capable of becoming the prime minister of the country. "He is fit for it," she had said.
Replying to a query, Munde said BJP was concentrating on Gujarat elections at present.
"I have been touring Gujarat for the last two days and addressing public meetings in support of BJP candidates contesting assembly elections. I am confident that BJP under leadership of Modi will capture two third majority in 182-member Assembly," the deputy Leader of BJP in Lok Sabha said.
On BJP`s alliance partner Shiv Sena demanding later party chief Bal Thackeray`s memorial at Shivaji Park in Mumbai, Munde said, "I support the demand as Bal Thackeray was a great leader".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- MSBSHSE Class XII HSC results 2015: Maharashtra Class 12th Board results declared on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015