Govt assessing land for new hub for NSG commandos in Gujarat
New Delhi: Government on Tuesday said it is assessing the suitability of land for creating a new hub of the National Security Guard (NSG) commandos in Gujarat.
"On receipt of a request from the government of Gujarat, the Union Government has conveyed in principle approval for setting up of a NSG regional hub in Gujarat, subject to the government of Gujarat providing land free of cost at a location found suitable by the NSG. The state government has offered two pieces of land for this purpose.
"The NSG team had already visited both the sites and submitted its report. The suitability of the land offered by the state government is being assessed," Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
The government has already established four regional hubs of NSG at Chennai, Hyderabad, Kolkata and Mumbai in the aftermath of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
Its main commando base is located in Manesar in Haryana.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Will never talk about my personal life, boyfriend: Sonam Kapoor
- PeeCee's day out! Priyanka Chopra spends candid time with besties – Pictures inside
- WATCH: Gujarat Lions' mystery spinner Shivil Kaushik reminded us of Paul Adams - Here's why!
- CISCE ICSE Class 10, ISC Class 12 Examinations Results 2016 to be announced on May 6 at 3 pm
- Photo alert! Imran Khan and wife Avantika Malik party with Ranbir Kapoor