Govt orders inquiry into NREGA scam in Guj
New Delhi: The government on Thursday ordered an inquiry into the alleged irregularities in wage payments under NREGA in Kotda village in Gujarat`s Kotiyana district.
Rural Development Minister CP Joshi asked the National Level Monitor (NLM) to examine the alleged misappropriation of funds related to NREGA wage payments in Kotda village and submit a report by November 30.
The direction came following media reports about an e-literate panwala in the village stumbling upon a Rs one crore NREGA scam during a google search. Affluent NRIs, doctors, government officials and teachers were shown as NREGA beneficiaries for their labour over the past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report