Govt orders inquiry into NREGA scam in Guj
New Delhi: The government on Thursday ordered an inquiry into the alleged irregularities in wage payments under NREGA in Kotda village in Gujarat`s Kotiyana district.
Rural Development Minister CP Joshi asked the National Level Monitor (NLM) to examine the alleged misappropriation of funds related to NREGA wage payments in Kotda village and submit a report by November 30.
The direction came following media reports about an e-literate panwala in the village stumbling upon a Rs one crore NREGA scam during a google search. Affluent NRIs, doctors, government officials and teachers were shown as NREGA beneficiaries for their labour over the past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users