Govt orders inquiry into NREGA scam in Guj
New Delhi: The government on Thursday ordered an inquiry into the alleged irregularities in wage payments under NREGA in Kotda village in Gujarat`s Kotiyana district.
Rural Development Minister CP Joshi asked the National Level Monitor (NLM) to examine the alleged misappropriation of funds related to NREGA wage payments in Kotda village and submit a report by November 30.
The direction came following media reports about an e-literate panwala in the village stumbling upon a Rs one crore NREGA scam during a google search. Affluent NRIs, doctors, government officials and teachers were shown as NREGA beneficiaries for their labour over the past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth