Govt orders inquiry into NREGA scam in Guj
New Delhi: The government on Thursday ordered an inquiry into the alleged irregularities in wage payments under NREGA in Kotda village in Gujarat`s Kotiyana district.
Rural Development Minister CP Joshi asked the National Level Monitor (NLM) to examine the alleged misappropriation of funds related to NREGA wage payments in Kotda village and submit a report by November 30.
The direction came following media reports about an e-literate panwala in the village stumbling upon a Rs one crore NREGA scam during a google search. Affluent NRIs, doctors, government officials and teachers were shown as NREGA beneficiaries for their labour over the past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued