Govt ready to draft policy for steel manufacturers: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Saturday said his government was ready to draft a
separate policy for stainless steel manufacturers provided
they were willing to foray into gymnasium equipment
manufacturing and start producing toys for kids as part of
their Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Modi was speaking at the inaugural ceremony of India`s
first four-day long stainless steel fair Indinox-2010 that
commenced here today.
"Health care industry is developing at a very fast
pace and youths are getting more health conscious leading to
opening of gymnasiums, so if gyms exist today at say 1000
locations in another 2 to 3 years it could open at 10,000
places," Modi said.
The CM suggested that stainless steel manufacturers
as part of their CSR could start manufacturing polished toys
for the children so that they get ample opportunity to play
in public parks, especially children parks, schools or
"If anyone from the stainless steel sector is willing
to enter these two segments (gymnasium and toys) then we
could draft a separate policy for it and also give them
incentives if required," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday