Govt takes back land from Asaram Bapu
Vadodara: The district administration has reclaimed a piece of land which was allegedly in illegal possession of an ashram run by followers of religious guru Asaram Bapu, reports said Friday.
The 60,000 sq ft land is located in Bhil village on the city`s outskirts. It was regained after demolishing illegal structures constructed on it, they added.
The inmates of the ashram said they were not given any opportunity by local authorities to explain their stand on the issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav