Govt takes back land from Asaram Bapu
Vadodara: The district administration has reclaimed a piece of land which was allegedly in illegal possession of an ashram run by followers of religious guru Asaram Bapu, reports said Friday.
The 60,000 sq ft land is located in Bhil village on the city`s outskirts. It was regained after demolishing illegal structures constructed on it, they added.
The inmates of the ashram said they were not given any opportunity by local authorities to explain their stand on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Why are Antarctica ice-levels increasing? NASA has the answer!
- Buyout group to back rival's bid for Tata's UK steel assets - Sources
- French Open 2016: Angry Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova pass chilly Roland Garros tests
- Working towards a technology which enables consumer to control electrical appliances at home sitting in office: TPDDL CEO Praveer Sinha
- Modi in Iran: PM promises big celebration of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary