Govt to start construction of Vadodra-Surat NH
New Delhi: Six-laning of the Vadodra-Surat section of the National Highway in Gujarat will commence tomorrow.
Minister for Road Transport and Highways CP Joshi will lay the foundation stone for the construction of six-laning of the Vadodra-Surat of NH-8 in Gujarat, said an official.
The estimated cost of civil works, land acquisition and the like for the project is Rs 509 crore.
At present, it is a four-lane stretch having two separate lane bridges across river Narmada. At times, it results in massive traffic jams and long queues, he said.
In order to overcome the problems, the ministry proposed the six-laning of this project. The project is likely to be completed by December, 2014.
The work for the construction of the project has been awarded to HCC Concessions, Mumbai on DBFOT (Design, Build, Finance, Operate, Transfer) pattern.
Meanwhile, the government has also received Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure`s approval for the implementation of the project of six laning of Vijaywada?Gundugolanu section of NH 5 in Andhra Pradesh.
The project would be implemented under NHDP (National Highway Development Programme) Phase V of the government on DBFOT basis.
The total project cost is estimated to be over Rs 2,000 crore out of which Rs 327 crore will be for the land acquisition, rehabilitation, resettlement and pre- construction.
The project, on completion, is likely to reduce the time and cost of travel for traffic plying between Vijayawada? Gundugolanu. It will also increase the employment potential for the local labourers for the project activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership