Govt to start construction of Vadodra-Surat NH
New Delhi: Six-laning of the Vadodra-Surat section of the National Highway in Gujarat will commence tomorrow.
Minister for Road Transport and Highways CP Joshi will lay the foundation stone for the construction of six-laning of the Vadodra-Surat of NH-8 in Gujarat, said an official.
The estimated cost of civil works, land acquisition and the like for the project is Rs 509 crore.
At present, it is a four-lane stretch having two separate lane bridges across river Narmada. At times, it results in massive traffic jams and long queues, he said.
In order to overcome the problems, the ministry proposed the six-laning of this project. The project is likely to be completed by December, 2014.
The work for the construction of the project has been awarded to HCC Concessions, Mumbai on DBFOT (Design, Build, Finance, Operate, Transfer) pattern.
Meanwhile, the government has also received Cabinet Committee on Infrastructure`s approval for the implementation of the project of six laning of Vijaywada?Gundugolanu section of NH 5 in Andhra Pradesh.
The project would be implemented under NHDP (National Highway Development Programme) Phase V of the government on DBFOT basis.
The total project cost is estimated to be over Rs 2,000 crore out of which Rs 327 crore will be for the land acquisition, rehabilitation, resettlement and pre- construction.
The project, on completion, is likely to reduce the time and cost of travel for traffic plying between Vijayawada? Gundugolanu. It will also increase the employment potential for the local labourers for the project activities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part V
- Govt in damage control mode after African envoys demand action against 'Afro-phobia'
- Bajrangi Dal camp row: CPI(M) questions SP govt silence, calls on President to take action
- Govt clears capital goods policy, eyes 21 million new jobs
- IPL 9, Eliminator: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Kolkata Knight Riders – Players to watch out for
- Microsoft to trim smartphone business, plans to cut 1,850 jobs