GPP gets ‘bat’ symbol for local bodies elections
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party has got the nod from the State Election Commission to contest local bodies` elections with the symbol of `bat`, party general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said on Saturday.
He also said the party would organise a meet of its workers here on March 15 to chart out future activities.
"We will fight for people`s issues and provide an alternative to the people of state," he said.
Asked about former Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya joining BJP, he said "Vitthalbhai`s exit may benefit GPP in Saurashtra where the party can fill the void."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’