GPP gets ‘bat’ symbol for local bodies elections
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party has got the nod from the State Election Commission to contest local bodies` elections with the symbol of `bat`, party general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said on Saturday.
He also said the party would organise a meet of its workers here on March 15 to chart out future activities.
"We will fight for people`s issues and provide an alternative to the people of state," he said.
Asked about former Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya joining BJP, he said "Vitthalbhai`s exit may benefit GPP in Saurashtra where the party can fill the void."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock
- In Gujarat, 95 of 100 suspects in crimes against Dalits acquitted
- Four people killed in Darjeeling building collapse