GPP gets ‘bat’ symbol for local bodies elections
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party has got the nod from the State Election Commission to contest local bodies` elections with the symbol of `bat`, party general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said on Saturday.
He also said the party would organise a meet of its workers here on March 15 to chart out future activities.
"We will fight for people`s issues and provide an alternative to the people of state," he said.
Asked about former Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya joining BJP, he said "Vitthalbhai`s exit may benefit GPP in Saurashtra where the party can fill the void."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway