GPP gets ‘bat’ symbol for local bodies elections
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party has got the nod from the State Election Commission to contest local bodies` elections with the symbol of `bat`, party general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said on Saturday.
He also said the party would organise a meet of its workers here on March 15 to chart out future activities.
"We will fight for people`s issues and provide an alternative to the people of state," he said.
Asked about former Congress MP Vitthal Radadiya joining BJP, he said "Vitthalbhai`s exit may benefit GPP in Saurashtra where the party can fill the void."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know