GPP launches `Vedana Yatra` to voice water woes in Saurashtra
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) on Monday launched `Vednaa (pain) Yatra` to highlight the acute shortage of drinking water in the Saurashtra region.
The Yatra, which was launched from one of the worst hit city of Bhavnagar, will pass through more then 700 villages, covering a distance of 900 kms.
Party General Secretary and former minister of State for Home Gordhan Zadafia, while launching the Yatra from Bhavnagar Townhall, alleged that, "people of Saurashtra are facing the worst water crises because of the BJP government`s inaction and negligence of past 12 years."
The Yatra will pass through the five worst affected districts of Bhavnagar, Amreli, Junagadh, Jamnagar and Rajkot and culminate on May 11 in Rajkot where GPP leader Keshubhai Patel will address a rally, party treasurer Dipak Kiritsata said.
He also said that, "during the Yatra GPP leaders will collect complaints from the affected people. After the six days of Yatra, all complaints/letters collected from the people will be handed over to the Chief Minister`s office to make them realise the severity of the drinking water problem in Saurashtra."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof