GPP launches `Vedana Yatra` to voice water woes in Saurashtra
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) on Monday launched `Vednaa (pain) Yatra` to highlight the acute shortage of drinking water in the Saurashtra region.
The Yatra, which was launched from one of the worst hit city of Bhavnagar, will pass through more then 700 villages, covering a distance of 900 kms.
Party General Secretary and former minister of State for Home Gordhan Zadafia, while launching the Yatra from Bhavnagar Townhall, alleged that, "people of Saurashtra are facing the worst water crises because of the BJP government`s inaction and negligence of past 12 years."
The Yatra will pass through the five worst affected districts of Bhavnagar, Amreli, Junagadh, Jamnagar and Rajkot and culminate on May 11 in Rajkot where GPP leader Keshubhai Patel will address a rally, party treasurer Dipak Kiritsata said.
He also said that, "during the Yatra GPP leaders will collect complaints from the affected people. After the six days of Yatra, all complaints/letters collected from the people will be handed over to the Chief Minister`s office to make them realise the severity of the drinking water problem in Saurashtra."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Turkish warplanes, artillery hit targets in north Syria: Sources
- Luxury car makers Mercedes, Audi, JLR rush to bring in petrol variants
- Special education programme for disabled in Delhi govt schools
- Scrapping 15-year old vehicles: Draft policy to to be ready in a fortnight
- Just Awesome! WATCH KL Rahul score incredible ton against West Indies in just 46 balls