GPP organises yagna to highlight Modi govt`s `lies`
Ahmedabad: Keshubhai Patel-led Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) today organised `yagna` (ritual fire), as a form of protest here to highlight the alleged lies spread by Narendra Modi government.
"Modi made several announcements in the election manifesto which his government has failed to fulfil so far," party general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said.
"Modi had boasted that farmers in Gujarat roam around in Maruti car, but in reality farmers are committing suicide," Zadaphia, a former BJP leader, said.
The Government had promised to finish construction of dams and complete the Narmada canal network by 2008, but it was yet to be completed. Consequently, Saurashtra and North Gujarat were deprived of drinking water and water for irrigation, Zadaphia said.
"The 108 Ambulance project is funded by the Central government but he claims it to be a state government project. Likewise, he had claimed in an interview that women in Gujarat are beauty-conscious and that is why they are under-nourished, but women in tribal areas don`t know anything about beauty."
Zadaphia was junior home minister in BJP government when the post-Godhra riots broke out in 2002.
GPP will organise yagnas in Vadodara on April 26 for Central Gujarat, at Surat on April 27 or 28 for South Gujarat and at Rajkot on May 1 for Saurashtra-Kutch belt, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love