GPP to perform rituals to `refurbish` Guj`s image under Modi
Ahmedabad: Keshubhai Patel-led Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) will conduct a series of rituals to refurbish Gujarat`s image, which the party says has became "polluted" due to the "lies" spread by the Narendra Modi government.
GPP is organising `yagnas` (ritual of sacred fire) in Ahmedabad on April 24 for North Gujarat region, at Vadodara on April 26 for Central Gujarat, at Surat on April 27 for South Gujarat and at Rajkot on May 1 for Saurashtra-Kutch belt, said party general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said on Saturday.
"For the last twelve years, the state government has been giving false promises to Gujarat`s public and have cheated the citizens of the state," Zadaphia told mediapersons here.
"Therefore, we are performing a `yagna` to clean Gujarat`s public atmosphere, which became polluted by the lies spread by the state government," the former BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional