GPP to perform rituals to `refurbish` Guj`s image under Modi
Ahmedabad: Keshubhai Patel-led Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) will conduct a series of rituals to refurbish Gujarat`s image, which the party says has became "polluted" due to the "lies" spread by the Narendra Modi government.
GPP is organising `yagnas` (ritual of sacred fire) in Ahmedabad on April 24 for North Gujarat region, at Vadodara on April 26 for Central Gujarat, at Surat on April 27 for South Gujarat and at Rajkot on May 1 for Saurashtra-Kutch belt, said party general secretary Gordhan Zadaphia said on Saturday.
"For the last twelve years, the state government has been giving false promises to Gujarat`s public and have cheated the citizens of the state," Zadaphia told mediapersons here.
"Therefore, we are performing a `yagna` to clean Gujarat`s public atmosphere, which became polluted by the lies spread by the state government," the former BJP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal