Graft case filed against Gujarat University VC
Ahmedabad: The vice chancellor of the
Gujarat University has been booked on charges of corruption following a direction by a local court, police said.
"A local Anti-Corruption Bureau court directed the police
to file a case against the Gujarat University Vice Chancellor
Parimal Trivedi," they said.
"We have been asked to conduct an inquiry into charges
like why the VC ordered printing of material outside the
university when a facility was available within the
university," the police said.
The VC has also been accused of parking the varsity funds
in banks that offer lower interest rates, they said, adding an
inquiry shall be conducted and a report will be submitted to
The complaint was filed against Trivedi by former GU
Senate member Pradeep Prajapati in the court.
Efforts to contact Trivedi on his mobile phone elicited
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL