Graft case filed against Gujarat University VC
Ahmedabad: The vice chancellor of the
Gujarat University has been booked on charges of corruption following a direction by a local court, police said.
"A local Anti-Corruption Bureau court directed the police
to file a case against the Gujarat University Vice Chancellor
Parimal Trivedi," they said.
"We have been asked to conduct an inquiry into charges
like why the VC ordered printing of material outside the
university when a facility was available within the
university," the police said.
The VC has also been accused of parking the varsity funds
in banks that offer lower interest rates, they said, adding an
inquiry shall be conducted and a report will be submitted to
The complaint was filed against Trivedi by former GU
Senate member Pradeep Prajapati in the court.
Efforts to contact Trivedi on his mobile phone elicited
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand