Graft case filed against Gujarat University VC
Ahmedabad: The vice chancellor of the
Gujarat University has been booked on charges of corruption following a direction by a local court, police said.
"A local Anti-Corruption Bureau court directed the police
to file a case against the Gujarat University Vice Chancellor
Parimal Trivedi," they said.
"We have been asked to conduct an inquiry into charges
like why the VC ordered printing of material outside the
university when a facility was available within the
university," the police said.
The VC has also been accused of parking the varsity funds
in banks that offer lower interest rates, they said, adding an
inquiry shall be conducted and a report will be submitted to
The complaint was filed against Trivedi by former GU
Senate member Pradeep Prajapati in the court.
Efforts to contact Trivedi on his mobile phone elicited
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details