Graft case filed against Gujarat University VC
Ahmedabad: The vice chancellor of the
Gujarat University has been booked on charges of corruption following a direction by a local court, police said.
"A local Anti-Corruption Bureau court directed the police
to file a case against the Gujarat University Vice Chancellor
Parimal Trivedi," they said.
"We have been asked to conduct an inquiry into charges
like why the VC ordered printing of material outside the
university when a facility was available within the
university," the police said.
The VC has also been accused of parking the varsity funds
in banks that offer lower interest rates, they said, adding an
inquiry shall be conducted and a report will be submitted to
The complaint was filed against Trivedi by former GU
Senate member Pradeep Prajapati in the court.
Efforts to contact Trivedi on his mobile phone elicited
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'