Green signal from Centre for road through wild ass sanctuary
Ahmedabad: The Union Government has approved construction of a 40-km stretch of road passing through the wild ass sanctuary across Kutch and North Gujarat, an official statement said here on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel thanked the Union Minister of State for Environment and Forests Prakash Javdekar for the approval.
Recently, Patel had met Javdekar in New Delhi and sought approval for the road, the release said.
The stretch is part of a 255-km long road connecting Gaduli in Kutch with Santalpur in Patan district in north Gujarat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!