Green signal from Centre for road through wild ass sanctuary
Ahmedabad: The Union Government has approved construction of a 40-km stretch of road passing through the wild ass sanctuary across Kutch and North Gujarat, an official statement said here on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel thanked the Union Minister of State for Environment and Forests Prakash Javdekar for the approval.
Recently, Patel had met Javdekar in New Delhi and sought approval for the road, the release said.
The stretch is part of a 255-km long road connecting Gaduli in Kutch with Santalpur in Patan district in north Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir