Green signal from Centre for road through wild ass sanctuary
Ahmedabad: The Union Government has approved construction of a 40-km stretch of road passing through the wild ass sanctuary across Kutch and North Gujarat, an official statement said here on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel thanked the Union Minister of State for Environment and Forests Prakash Javdekar for the approval.
Recently, Patel had met Javdekar in New Delhi and sought approval for the road, the release said.
The stretch is part of a 255-km long road connecting Gaduli in Kutch with Santalpur in Patan district in north Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Mathura violence: Judicial probe into Jawahar Bagh incident begins
- IIFA 2016: Dramatic entry! When Shahid Kapoor, Farhan Akhtar hit the green carpet on Spanish donkeys - Pic inside
- Seven killed as car rams into minibus in Kenya's Kwale
- Hope law will be passed for construction of Ram temple by PM Narendra Modi-led government: VHP leader Pravin Togadia
- Rock stars and celebrities react with dismay to Brexit