Green signal from Centre for road through wild ass sanctuary
Ahmedabad: The Union Government has approved construction of a 40-km stretch of road passing through the wild ass sanctuary across Kutch and North Gujarat, an official statement said here on Tuesday.
Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel thanked the Union Minister of State for Environment and Forests Prakash Javdekar for the approval.
Recently, Patel had met Javdekar in New Delhi and sought approval for the road, the release said.
The stretch is part of a 255-km long road connecting Gaduli in Kutch with Santalpur in Patan district in north Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured