Grounded due to snag, Jet flight leaves for Mumbai
Vadodara (Guj): A Jet Airways return flight for Mumbai, which was grounded at the Diu airport on Friday after it developed a technical snag while landing on Saturday took off for its destination after necessary repairs were carried out, sources said.
The empty aircraft left for Mumbai today afternoon from the Diu airport after a technical team of the Jet Airways fixed the problem, they said.
The flight 9W2500 with 32 passengers on board took off from Mumbai airport at 1:35 PM yesterday and was supposed to land at 2:40 PM at the Diu airport. However, it developed a technical snag at the time of landing, the sources said, adding all the passengers were safe.
The flight reportedly landed safely after the initial hiccup.
"I heard a bump sound during its landing at the runway and the aircraft flew again only to land safely after a while," Diu Collector Krishna Kumar, who was at the airport to receive a guest, told PTI today.
Jet Airways spokesperson was not available for comments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown