Group clash in Gujarat village
Ahmedabad: A clash broke out between
members of two communities in Patdi village of Surendranagar
district following an attack on a boy during a circus show,
police said Saturday.
"Hemant Thakor was attacked after an altercation at a
circus show last night. He was rushed to the local hospital
and later shifted to Ahmedabad for further treatment," a
senior police official of Surendranagar said.
The attack triggered a clash between two communities
living in the village. Police rushed to the spot and brought
the situation under control, he said.
Police have registered a case of attempt to murder and
launched an investigation, he said, adding no arrest has been
made so far.
"We have asked the local police to expedite the
investigation and maintain law and order," the official added.
A clash had taken place between the two parties
demanding jobs in the factory on March 1 in which 20 people,
including 15 from TC were injured.
The TC East Midnapore district general secretary Pratap
Maity and leader Tanmoy Metia were hospitalised on March 2 and
arrested by the police from there today, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`