Growth of Gujarat stunted under Narendra Modi: Scindia
Ahmedabad: Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Saturday said the growth rate of Gujarat has halved under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Before 1985, Gujarat under Congress chief ministers like Amarsinh Chaudhary, Madhavsinh Solanki and Chimanbhai Patel had posted annual growth rate of 16 per cent. But under the present government the growth rate has been stranded at eight per cent," Scindia said addressing a rally of Gujarat youth Congress in Danilimbda area of the city.
The Youth wing also launched a "Vikas Sodh Yatra" in run-up to Lok Sabha elections from Kochrab Ashram this morning. The yatra will cover various parts of the state with the aim to "expose" claims of development in Gujarat by the BJP`s PM candidate.
Earlier, the Congress had taken out a week-long rally from six different parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karan Johar in awe of Radhika Apte's 'Phobia'!
- Congress nominates Chidambaram, Sibal, Ramesh for Rajya Sabha polls
- Four new cases of criminal assault on African nationals reported
- You would need to squeeze this phone in order to make a call!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra's 'Bajirao Mastani' boast IIFA nominations!