Growth of Gujarat stunted under Narendra Modi: Scindia
Ahmedabad: Union Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia on Saturday said the growth rate of Gujarat has halved under the leadership of Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
"Before 1985, Gujarat under Congress chief ministers like Amarsinh Chaudhary, Madhavsinh Solanki and Chimanbhai Patel had posted annual growth rate of 16 per cent. But under the present government the growth rate has been stranded at eight per cent," Scindia said addressing a rally of Gujarat youth Congress in Danilimbda area of the city.
The Youth wing also launched a "Vikas Sodh Yatra" in run-up to Lok Sabha elections from Kochrab Ashram this morning. The yatra will cover various parts of the state with the aim to "expose" claims of development in Gujarat by the BJP`s PM candidate.
Earlier, the Congress had taken out a week-long rally from six different parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!