Guj: 1 arrested for threatening 2002 riot witness
Ahmedabad: A former aide of underworld don
Abdul Latif, has been arrested for allegedly threatening a
witness in one of the 2002 riot cases, who was stabbed to
death recently, police said on Tuesday.
Mehboob Baig Chotta Baig Moghal was arrested last night
in connection with a complaint registered four months ago at
the University police station here by one Nadeem Sayed, a
witness in the Naroda Patiya riot case of 2002.
Sayed was stabbed to death near his house in Juhapura
early this month by some unidentified assailants.
However, Baig who used to be part of the Latif gang in
the 1980s was arrested under section 507 IPC which is a
non-cognisable and bailable offence and not in connection with
murder of Sayed.
According to case details, Baig had allegedly threatened
Sayed through one of his aides. The threat call was received
by Sayed on his mobile phone over four months ago following
which he registered a complaint with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city