Guj: 1 arrested for threatening 2002 riot witness
Ahmedabad: A former aide of underworld don
Abdul Latif, has been arrested for allegedly threatening a
witness in one of the 2002 riot cases, who was stabbed to
death recently, police said on Tuesday.
Mehboob Baig Chotta Baig Moghal was arrested last night
in connection with a complaint registered four months ago at
the University police station here by one Nadeem Sayed, a
witness in the Naroda Patiya riot case of 2002.
Sayed was stabbed to death near his house in Juhapura
early this month by some unidentified assailants.
However, Baig who used to be part of the Latif gang in
the 1980s was arrested under section 507 IPC which is a
non-cognisable and bailable offence and not in connection with
murder of Sayed.
According to case details, Baig had allegedly threatened
Sayed through one of his aides. The threat call was received
by Sayed on his mobile phone over four months ago following
which he registered a complaint with the police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India