Guj: 2 Biharis thrown out of moving train, 1 dies
Nadiad (Guj): Two youths from Bihar, who had come to Gujarat to appear in a railway exam, were thrown out of a moving train following a scuffle with fellow passengers here leaving one of them dead and the other injured.
The incident took place between Kaniz and Mehemdabad railway stations yesterday morning, railway police said today.
The two youths from Bihar`s Sundapur village- Rajiv Mahanto and Rakesh Mahanto, both aged between 25-30 years, had come to Ahmedabad to appear for a railway exam. They had boarded the Ahmedabad-Mysore express to go back home, they said.
One of the three unidentified persons, who were sitting next to them, snatched Rajiv`s mobile after which they entered into a scuffle, railway police officials said.
The three youths threw the duo out of the moving train and Rajiv died on the spot, while Rakesh sustained injuries, they said.
A case was registered today in this connection at the Nadiad railway police and investigation is being carried out by its local crime branch wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest