Guj: 2 Biharis thrown out of moving train, 1 dies
Nadiad (Guj): Two youths from Bihar, who had come to Gujarat to appear in a railway exam, were thrown out of a moving train following a scuffle with fellow passengers here leaving one of them dead and the other injured.
The incident took place between Kaniz and Mehemdabad railway stations yesterday morning, railway police said today.
The two youths from Bihar`s Sundapur village- Rajiv Mahanto and Rakesh Mahanto, both aged between 25-30 years, had come to Ahmedabad to appear for a railway exam. They had boarded the Ahmedabad-Mysore express to go back home, they said.
One of the three unidentified persons, who were sitting next to them, snatched Rajiv`s mobile after which they entered into a scuffle, railway police officials said.
The three youths threw the duo out of the moving train and Rajiv died on the spot, while Rakesh sustained injuries, they said.
A case was registered today in this connection at the Nadiad railway police and investigation is being carried out by its local crime branch wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing