Guj: 2 Biharis thrown out of moving train, 1 dies
Nadiad (Guj): Two youths from Bihar, who had come to Gujarat to appear in a railway exam, were thrown out of a moving train following a scuffle with fellow passengers here leaving one of them dead and the other injured.
The incident took place between Kaniz and Mehemdabad railway stations yesterday morning, railway police said today.
The two youths from Bihar`s Sundapur village- Rajiv Mahanto and Rakesh Mahanto, both aged between 25-30 years, had come to Ahmedabad to appear for a railway exam. They had boarded the Ahmedabad-Mysore express to go back home, they said.
One of the three unidentified persons, who were sitting next to them, snatched Rajiv`s mobile after which they entered into a scuffle, railway police officials said.
The three youths threw the duo out of the moving train and Rajiv died on the spot, while Rakesh sustained injuries, they said.
A case was registered today in this connection at the Nadiad railway police and investigation is being carried out by its local crime branch wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged