Guj: 2 more succumb to swine flu, toll reaches three
Ahmedabad: A woman from the city and a man
from Udaipur in Rajasthan died due to H1N1 virus infection
since yesterday, taking the death toll due to swine flu this
year to three, health officials said.
"Dilip Babel (65) died today at the Sterling Hospital
where he had been brought in a critical condition from Udaipur
on April 5," the Hospital`s Medical Administrator Dr Nikhil
"All the necessary precautions were taken as per the
H1N1 guidelines. The patient had been suffering for six
days before he came here," Lala said.
Yasmin Hussain (60) died at her house in Juhapura area of
the city yesterday. She had been admitted to V S Hospital here
early last week following influenza-like symptoms. Samples of
her saliva and and blood were sent for testing but before the
results arrived, her family members took her home against
doctors` advice, the authorities said.
After the report confirmed that Yasmin had H1N1
infection, the hospital officials went to her house today when
they learnt about her death.
The first victim of H1N1 virus in the state this year was
Manhar Dodiya (52) who died in Rajkot civil hospital last
During the earlier outbreak, between August 2009 and
February 2010, swine flu claimed over 275 lives in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read