Guj: Ahmed Patel, Smriti Irani file papers for RS
Gandhinagar: Ahmed Patel, political
secretary to Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Monday filed his
nomination for the Rajya Sabha election here.
From BJP, TV actor Smriti Irani and veteran party worker
Dileep Pandya from Banaskantha district filed their
nominations before the secretary, Gujarat Legislative Assembly
D M Patel, who is the returning officer for the polls.
Gujarat Assembly has issued notification for elections to
three seats of Rajya Sabha, to be held on July 22. Elections
were necessitated as terms of Patel and BJP MPs Surendra Patel
and Pravin Nayak would end in August.
Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhvadia was present
when Patel filed his nomination. Entire top brass of state
BJP, including Chief Minister Narendra Modi, remained present
when BJP candidates filed their papers.
After filing his nomination, Patel told mediapersons
that state and the central government must work together.
"Instead of blaming each other for not doing work, the state
and the central government should work together for Gujarat`s
development," he said.
Patel said that Congress had made a significant
contribution to Gujarat`s development, and the progress seen
today had not happened only in the last decade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH