Guj assembly adjourned twice following uproar by Cong
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Assembly proceedings were adjourned twice on Tuesday following uproar by Congress MLAs demanding apology from Water Resource Minister Nitin Patel over his alleged "unparliamentary" remarks about Congress members in the House yesterday.
As soon as the House assembled, the Congress legislators resorted to sloganeering to demand apology from Patel for passing personal remarks against Congress MLAs C K Raulji, Natavarsinh Thakore and Devji Fatehpara.
Despite assurance from Speaker Ganpat Vasava that he would review the matter, the Congress legislators continued with their sloganeering.
Following this the Speaker adjourned the proceedings till 1100 hrs. When the session resumed, the Congress MLAs again raised their pitch and also tore some papers.
The Speaker`s efforts to dissuade the MLAs from raising slogans proved futile following which he adjourned the House for the second time till 1430 hrs.
The issue had cropped up yesterday when during his speech on the budgetary provisions, Patel allegedly made personal remarks against Raulji which was `unparliamentary` under the House rules.
Patel had allegedly told Raulji to "keep quite" saying he knew about his land on the Godhra highway and how he obtained it. He was also alleged to have used insulting
language against Thakore and Fatehpara.
The Speaker had yesterday reserved his ruling on the issue saying he would review the records of the House before deciding on it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today