Guj BJP celebrates Modi`s anointment as poll campaign chief
Ahmedabad: Wild celebrations broke out in the home state of Chief Minister Narendra Modi today after his anointment as the head of BJP`s 2014 campaign committee.
The news of Modi`s anointment was greeted with the bursting of fire crackers and drumbeats at the Gujarat BJP office here where scores of BJP workers and supporters had gathered.
Similar scenes were seen in Vadodara, Surat and other places. The state BJP has decided to take out a procession to the airport to welcome Modi upon his return, party spokesperson Jagdish Bhavsar said. Modi, who regularly uses his twitter account and blog to communicate, tweeted after the announcement: "Senior leaders have reposed faith in me. We will leave no stone unturned for Congress mukt Bharat Nirman. Thanks for support and blessings."
Speaking to media here, Bhavsar said, "We are confident that under the able leadership of Modiji, BJP will win big way in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
"The way Narendra Modi has led Gujarat BJP to the unstoppable win, we are confident that he will also lead party to a big win in the country."
BJP president Rajnath Singh announced at the party`s National Executive meet in Goa today that Modi would be the chairman of the poll campaign committee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...