Guj BJP fight reaches Delhi, Keshubhai meets Advani
Ahmedabad: Taking the fight in Gujarat unit of BJP to Delhi, dissident leader and former chief minister Keshubhai Patel met senior BJP leader L K Advani here.
An anti-Narendra Modi group led by Keshubhai met at his Gandhinagar residence yesterday evening.
Those present at the meeting include Suresh Mehta, Gordhan Zadafia, Nalin Bhatt and Kanshiram Rana among others.
“The meeting is a very crucial phase of our decision-making process. Our future course of action will depend upon the outcome of the meeting that we will have with party`s central leadership," Suresh Mehta, a close aide of Patel had said.
In the last few months, Patel has openly criticised Gujurat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at various public meetings. He had alleged that the people of Gujarat were living in fear under Modi`s rule.
Patel, who was unceremoniously removed from the chief minister`s post in 2001 and was replaced by Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani