Guj BJP forms observer panels for talking to ticket-seekers
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP has appointed panels of observers which will visit every Lok Sabha constituency in the state between March 2 to 6 and meet ticket aspirants.
There would be a panel for each of the 26 constituencies.
"The panels will meet all those who stake claim to ticket. They will submit reports to the state parliamentary board of the party," BJP spokesperson Harshad Patel said.
The three-member panels are made up of state ministers and state BJP leaders. Every panel has one woman member.
On the basis of these reports, state BJP will shortlist probable candidates and send the names to the party`s central parliamentary board which will take the final call.
Veteran BJP leader L K Advani today made it clear that he wanted to contest from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat, from where he has won five times.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the party`s prime ministerial nominee, is also likely to contest from Gujarat.
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory