Guj BJP forms observer panels for talking to ticket-seekers
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP has appointed panels of observers which will visit every Lok Sabha constituency in the state between March 2 to 6 and meet ticket aspirants.
There would be a panel for each of the 26 constituencies.
"The panels will meet all those who stake claim to ticket. They will submit reports to the state parliamentary board of the party," BJP spokesperson Harshad Patel said.
The three-member panels are made up of state ministers and state BJP leaders. Every panel has one woman member.
On the basis of these reports, state BJP will shortlist probable candidates and send the names to the party`s central parliamentary board which will take the final call.
Veteran BJP leader L K Advani today made it clear that he wanted to contest from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat, from where he has won five times.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the party`s prime ministerial nominee, is also likely to contest from Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what