Guj BJP forms observer panels for talking to ticket-seekers
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP has appointed panels of observers which will visit every Lok Sabha constituency in the state between March 2 to 6 and meet ticket aspirants.
There would be a panel for each of the 26 constituencies.
"The panels will meet all those who stake claim to ticket. They will submit reports to the state parliamentary board of the party," BJP spokesperson Harshad Patel said.
The three-member panels are made up of state ministers and state BJP leaders. Every panel has one woman member.
On the basis of these reports, state BJP will shortlist probable candidates and send the names to the party`s central parliamentary board which will take the final call.
Veteran BJP leader L K Advani today made it clear that he wanted to contest from Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat, from where he has won five times.
Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the party`s prime ministerial nominee, is also likely to contest from Gujarat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi