Guj BJP leaders in verbal spat at public function
Narmada: Two senior BJP
leaders of Gujarat, including a minister, were involved in a
verbal spat at a public function here during which one of them
walked off for not being invited to the podium to speak.
An agitated Bharuch MP Mansukh Vasva also accused
state Forests and Environment Minister Mangu Patel of
insulting him by not inviting him for a speech at the Garib
Kalyan Mela, organised yesterday at Sagbara in this district,
which falls under his Parliamentary constituency.
"You have not called me to speak during the function.
You are insulting me in my own constituency," Vasava told
Patel from the stage in front of packed audience.
Patel tried to placate Vasava, but the MP refused to
budge and went on to say, "I have been working for the tribal
since many years and this is my home. Why have I not be called
to speak when my name was on the invitation card?"
Sensing the temper of MP going soar, the organisers
switched off the microphone following which Vasava walked off
the stage and boycotted the mela.
"While chief minister (Narendra Modi) wants to
eliminate middle men by organising such melas, the tribal
secretary was giving back door entry to middlemen," Vasava
alleged while speaking to media persons later.
Vasava further alleged that the tribal secretary was
using NGOs of his choice for implementing the tribal welfare
schemes such as Van Bandhu Kalyan Yojna.
"The secretary is involved in corruption in the
implementation of tribal schemes. I have also complained in
writing to the Tribal Welfare minister, but till date I have
not got any reply," the MP claimed.
When asked whether he expects disciplinary action for
his behaviour, Vasava said, "I will fight for the truth and
the welfare of the tribals. I don`t care what the consequences
However, the Garib Kalyan Mela continued as per
schedule despite temporary disturbance caused due to Vasava`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city