Guj BJP leaders in verbal spat at public function
Narmada: Two senior BJP
leaders of Gujarat, including a minister, were involved in a
verbal spat at a public function here during which one of them
walked off for not being invited to the podium to speak.
An agitated Bharuch MP Mansukh Vasva also accused
state Forests and Environment Minister Mangu Patel of
insulting him by not inviting him for a speech at the Garib
Kalyan Mela, organised yesterday at Sagbara in this district,
which falls under his Parliamentary constituency.
"You have not called me to speak during the function.
You are insulting me in my own constituency," Vasava told
Patel from the stage in front of packed audience.
Patel tried to placate Vasava, but the MP refused to
budge and went on to say, "I have been working for the tribal
since many years and this is my home. Why have I not be called
to speak when my name was on the invitation card?"
Sensing the temper of MP going soar, the organisers
switched off the microphone following which Vasava walked off
the stage and boycotted the mela.
"While chief minister (Narendra Modi) wants to
eliminate middle men by organising such melas, the tribal
secretary was giving back door entry to middlemen," Vasava
alleged while speaking to media persons later.
Vasava further alleged that the tribal secretary was
using NGOs of his choice for implementing the tribal welfare
schemes such as Van Bandhu Kalyan Yojna.
"The secretary is involved in corruption in the
implementation of tribal schemes. I have also complained in
writing to the Tribal Welfare minister, but till date I have
not got any reply," the MP claimed.
When asked whether he expects disciplinary action for
his behaviour, Vasava said, "I will fight for the truth and
the welfare of the tribals. I don`t care what the consequences
However, the Garib Kalyan Mela continued as per
schedule despite temporary disturbance caused due to Vasava`s
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees