Guj: CBI reconstructs Tulsi Prajapati encounter for 2nd time
Palanpur : The CBI along with the forensic experts from Chandigarh and All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) team on Saturday reconstructed the crime scene of the 2006 Tulsi Prajapati fake encounter near Chhapri village in Gujarat`s Banskantha district.
Prajapati, a key witness to the November 2005 killing of Sohrabuddin Sheikh and his wife Kausarbi, was gunned down by police on December 28, 2006 near Chhapri village, around 7 km from Ambaji.
The CBI had earlier conducted a similar reconstruction and to plug the loopholes in the first one carried out the second one. The encounter case is monitored by the Supreme Court.
The CBI team, led by joint director V Lakshminarayana, along with the AIIMS team and the forensic experts arrived at the village in the morning hours, CBI sources said.
"The experts obtained crucial data such as the distance between the police vehicle and the car in which Prajapati was travelling; location of Prajapati`s body after the encounter as mentioned by CID and regarding how police officers fired at Prajapati and the distance from which they fired," they said.
"They also video recorded the reconstruction," sources said.
The Supreme Court had transferred the case to the central agency on April 8, 2011 with a direction to complete the probe within six months. However, the apex court granted the fourth extension to CBI setting June 30 as the deadline for filing the chargesheet.
The Prajapati encounter was earlier probed by the state CID which had registered an FIR last year in Ambaji police station. Seven policemen including IPS officer Vipul Agarwal were arrested in the case.
Three suspended IPS officers, D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandiyan and Dinesh M N, who are accused in the Sohrabuddin encounter case, have been shown as accused in the Prajapati case too, by the CID.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack