Guj Cong demands action on non-tabling of CAG rpt
Gandhinagar: The Opposition Congress on Monday
handed over a memorandum to Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla alleging
that the CAG report "exposing BJP government`s corruption" has
not been tabled in the state Assembly despite a constitutional
The Congress has demanded appropriate action against the
ruling government for not presenting the CAG report in the
Congress party leaders including Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil, Arjun Modhvadiya met the Gujarat Governor
and handed over the memorandum alleging that CAG has estimated
corruption to the tune of Rs 26,672 crore in the state.
Despite constitutional provision and rulings of speakers
in the past, the CAG report has not been presented in the
state legislative assembly just to cover up corruption, the
memorandum submitted by Congress party stated.
The CAG report could expose corruption of billions of
rupees in Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation(GSPC), Energy
Development Corporation, Civil Supplies, Revenue and Road and
Buildings, and other departments, the party alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends