Guj Cong demands action on non-tabling of CAG rpt
Gandhinagar: The Opposition Congress on Monday
handed over a memorandum to Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla alleging
that the CAG report "exposing BJP government`s corruption" has
not been tabled in the state Assembly despite a constitutional
The Congress has demanded appropriate action against the
ruling government for not presenting the CAG report in the
Congress party leaders including Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil, Arjun Modhvadiya met the Gujarat Governor
and handed over the memorandum alleging that CAG has estimated
corruption to the tune of Rs 26,672 crore in the state.
Despite constitutional provision and rulings of speakers
in the past, the CAG report has not been presented in the
state legislative assembly just to cover up corruption, the
memorandum submitted by Congress party stated.
The CAG report could expose corruption of billions of
rupees in Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation(GSPC), Energy
Development Corporation, Civil Supplies, Revenue and Road and
Buildings, and other departments, the party alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das