Guj Cong demands action on non-tabling of CAG rpt
Gandhinagar: The Opposition Congress on Monday
handed over a memorandum to Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla alleging
that the CAG report "exposing BJP government`s corruption" has
not been tabled in the state Assembly despite a constitutional
The Congress has demanded appropriate action against the
ruling government for not presenting the CAG report in the
Congress party leaders including Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil, Arjun Modhvadiya met the Gujarat Governor
and handed over the memorandum alleging that CAG has estimated
corruption to the tune of Rs 26,672 crore in the state.
Despite constitutional provision and rulings of speakers
in the past, the CAG report has not been presented in the
state legislative assembly just to cover up corruption, the
memorandum submitted by Congress party stated.
The CAG report could expose corruption of billions of
rupees in Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation(GSPC), Energy
Development Corporation, Civil Supplies, Revenue and Road and
Buildings, and other departments, the party alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa