Guj Cong demands action on non-tabling of CAG rpt
Gandhinagar: The Opposition Congress on Monday
handed over a memorandum to Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla alleging
that the CAG report "exposing BJP government`s corruption" has
not been tabled in the state Assembly despite a constitutional
The Congress has demanded appropriate action against the
ruling government for not presenting the CAG report in the
Congress party leaders including Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil, Arjun Modhvadiya met the Gujarat Governor
and handed over the memorandum alleging that CAG has estimated
corruption to the tune of Rs 26,672 crore in the state.
Despite constitutional provision and rulings of speakers
in the past, the CAG report has not been presented in the
state legislative assembly just to cover up corruption, the
memorandum submitted by Congress party stated.
The CAG report could expose corruption of billions of
rupees in Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation(GSPC), Energy
Development Corporation, Civil Supplies, Revenue and Road and
Buildings, and other departments, the party alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him