Guj Cong lodges model code violation complaint against Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Friday lodged a complaint against Chief Minister Narendra Modi, his three Cabinet colleagues and two BJP MPs alleging violation of the Model Code of Conduct by offering to participate in a Navratri event.
A complaint lodged with Chief Electoral Officer Anita Karwal claimed that Modi and others violated the code which stipulates that political leaders and ministers should not participate in any Navratri functions as special invitees.
Congress said that invitations were being distributed for the Navaratri Function organised by Ahmedabad Diamond Association in celebration of its silver jubilee stating that Modi and others would attend the function.
"On October 29, the Association is organising Vibrant Garba and as per the invitation card, Chief Minister will be present as Chief Guest and other two BJP MPs Harin Pathak and Smriti Irani would be special invitees on that occasion," said the complaint filed by Congress legal cell.
"This clearly is violation of the election code which prohibits politicisation from using religious festival like Navratri for political campaign," it further alleged.
"As part of the same celebrations, the Association has organised another Garba Festival on October 27 and for that occasion BJP National Vice-President Purshottam Rupala has been invited as chief guest and Urban Development Minister Nitin Patel and minister of state for Home Prafull Patel as special invitees," the complaint said.
As per the complaint, scores of invitation cards were being distributed.
Gujarat Congress has demanded that action should be initiated against CM and others for violation of the model code of conduct.
Assembly elections in the state are to be held on December 13 and 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead