Guj Cong says return of aid by Bihar is insult of Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leader in Gujarat
Shaktisinh Gohil on Saturday lashed out at both Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar saying
the return of flood relief aid by Bihar is an "insult" of
Gohil said "Modi`s lust for publicity provided an
opportunity to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to insult
Gujarat by returning Rs five crore given as flood relief by
the Gujarat government".
"Bihar Chief Minister`s action of returning the aid
money is an insult of entire Gujarat," Gohil, leader of the
opposition, said in a statement here.
"The culture of Gujarat is so full of humility that
something given by one hand is not known to the other hand.
However, CM?s lust for publicity has given an opportunity to
Bihar CM to insult Gujarat," he added.
Asking BJP to teach a lesson to Nitish for the "insult",
he said that "at a time when Nitish Kumar is ruling the
government with the support of BJP, it is the duty of BJP to
make sure that those who have insulted Gujarat should be
taught a lesson."
According to him, aid to Bihar was not given by a
proprietary firm of the Gujarat CM but by the people of
Criticising Modi, Gohil said that earlier he failed to
announce sufficient relief to policemen of the state fighting
against terrorists or working during natural calamities or
even for NSG commandos who laid down their lives during the
terror attack on Akshardham temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH