Guj Cong says return of aid by Bihar is insult of Gujarat
Ahmedabad: Senior Congress leader in Gujarat
Shaktisinh Gohil on Saturday lashed out at both Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar saying
the return of flood relief aid by Bihar is an "insult" of
Gohil said "Modi`s lust for publicity provided an
opportunity to Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar to insult
Gujarat by returning Rs five crore given as flood relief by
the Gujarat government".
"Bihar Chief Minister`s action of returning the aid
money is an insult of entire Gujarat," Gohil, leader of the
opposition, said in a statement here.
"The culture of Gujarat is so full of humility that
something given by one hand is not known to the other hand.
However, CM?s lust for publicity has given an opportunity to
Bihar CM to insult Gujarat," he added.
Asking BJP to teach a lesson to Nitish for the "insult",
he said that "at a time when Nitish Kumar is ruling the
government with the support of BJP, it is the duty of BJP to
make sure that those who have insulted Gujarat should be
taught a lesson."
According to him, aid to Bihar was not given by a
proprietary firm of the Gujarat CM but by the people of
Criticising Modi, Gohil said that earlier he failed to
announce sufficient relief to policemen of the state fighting
against terrorists or working during natural calamities or
even for NSG commandos who laid down their lives during the
terror attack on Akshardham temple.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city