Guj Cong to hold state-wide protests over fishing
Ahmedabad: Demanding Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s resignation over the allotment of contracts worth Rs 400 crore in the fisheries department, state Congress Monday said it would organise protests across the state from Thursday on the issue.
Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia gave this information in a statement issued here.
Accusing the BJP government of snatching people`s rights and indulging in corruption amounting to over Rs 1 lakh crore in 17 different cases, Modhwadia alleged, "On the one hand, Modi has named his campaign yatra in the name of Swami Vivekananda, on the other, he is spreading lies."
"The ruling party should in fact take out a `Yatra of Shame`," he added.
"State ministers don`t have any decision-making powers. The allotment of contracts in the Rs 400 crore fisheries scam was done with Modi`s permission," he said.
One Ishaq Maradia had alleged that Minister of State for Fisheries Purshottam Solanki had granted the contracts for fishing in reservoirs across the state in 2009 without due tendering process and thereby resorted to corruption of Rs 400 crore. He had sought a sanction for Solanki`s prosecution.
Gujarat governor Kamla Beniwal has given her consent for prosecution of Solanki in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past