Guj Cong to hold state-wide protests over fishing
Ahmedabad: Demanding Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s resignation over the allotment of contracts worth Rs 400 crore in the fisheries department, state Congress Monday said it would organise protests across the state from Thursday on the issue.
Gujarat Congress chief Arjun Modhwadia gave this information in a statement issued here.
Accusing the BJP government of snatching people`s rights and indulging in corruption amounting to over Rs 1 lakh crore in 17 different cases, Modhwadia alleged, "On the one hand, Modi has named his campaign yatra in the name of Swami Vivekananda, on the other, he is spreading lies."
"The ruling party should in fact take out a `Yatra of Shame`," he added.
"State ministers don`t have any decision-making powers. The allotment of contracts in the Rs 400 crore fisheries scam was done with Modi`s permission," he said.
One Ishaq Maradia had alleged that Minister of State for Fisheries Purshottam Solanki had granted the contracts for fishing in reservoirs across the state in 2009 without due tendering process and thereby resorted to corruption of Rs 400 crore. He had sought a sanction for Solanki`s prosecution.
Gujarat governor Kamla Beniwal has given her consent for prosecution of Solanki in the scam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH