Guj Congress demands CBI enquiry in Prajapati encounter case
Ahmedabad: The state Congress Friday
demanded CBI enquiry into the killing of Tulsi Prajapati, a
key witness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
"The conspiracy to eliminate Prajapati was hatched by
some political leaders and police officers as he was the main
witness to the extortion racket run by them," Congress leader
Arjun Modhvadia alleged.
"Prajapati had expressed his apprehension that he
would be killed in a police encounter to a court in Udaipur
through a letter. This was 15 day before he was killed in a
police encounter in Gujarat on December 28, 2006," he said.
Modhvadia said, that the string of events which took
place before Prajapati`s encounter raises suspicion that
killing of Prajapati was a conspiracy to eliminate a key
"We therefore demand CBI investigation into the
encounter of Prajapati, which is presently being probed by the
state CID," he said, adding this will bring truth to the fore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress