Guj Congress demands CBI enquiry in Prajapati encounter case
Ahmedabad: The state Congress Friday
demanded CBI enquiry into the killing of Tulsi Prajapati, a
key witness in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
"The conspiracy to eliminate Prajapati was hatched by
some political leaders and police officers as he was the main
witness to the extortion racket run by them," Congress leader
Arjun Modhvadia alleged.
"Prajapati had expressed his apprehension that he
would be killed in a police encounter to a court in Udaipur
through a letter. This was 15 day before he was killed in a
police encounter in Gujarat on December 28, 2006," he said.
Modhvadia said, that the string of events which took
place before Prajapati`s encounter raises suspicion that
killing of Prajapati was a conspiracy to eliminate a key
"We therefore demand CBI investigation into the
encounter of Prajapati, which is presently being probed by the
state CID," he said, adding this will bring truth to the fore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...