Guj: Congress municipal councillor attacked
Ahmedabad: Leader of Opposition and three time member of BJP-ruled Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), Badruddin Shaikh, was allegedly attacked by some men after an altercation broke out over parking, police said.
The incident occurred yesterday at around 9.30 PM, when Congress leader Shaikh (60) had reached the local party plot in Juhapura to attend a marriage ceremony where following an altercation over the parking he was assaulted with sword by a real estate agent and his two sons, said Aslali police station inspector D S Dodiya.
Shaikh was immediately rushed to V S Hospital where he was treated for head and chest injuries and was later declared out of danger, police added.
An FIR has been lodged against Mohammad Hanif alias Gotilal, his two sons and his driver and an investigation has been initiated, police said.
Gotilal, a real estate dealer, was earlier arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- On Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu's feats: Hats off to women for saving our respect in front of whole world, says Pullela Gopichand
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'