Guj: Congress municipal councillor attacked
Ahmedabad: Leader of Opposition and three time member of BJP-ruled Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), Badruddin Shaikh, was allegedly attacked by some men after an altercation broke out over parking, police said.
The incident occurred yesterday at around 9.30 PM, when Congress leader Shaikh (60) had reached the local party plot in Juhapura to attend a marriage ceremony where following an altercation over the parking he was assaulted with sword by a real estate agent and his two sons, said Aslali police station inspector D S Dodiya.
Shaikh was immediately rushed to V S Hospital where he was treated for head and chest injuries and was later declared out of danger, police added.
An FIR has been lodged against Mohammad Hanif alias Gotilal, his two sons and his driver and an investigation has been initiated, police said.
Gotilal, a real estate dealer, was earlier arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey