Guj: Congress municipal councillor attacked
Ahmedabad: Leader of Opposition and three time member of BJP-ruled Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), Badruddin Shaikh, was allegedly attacked by some men after an altercation broke out over parking, police said.
The incident occurred yesterday at around 9.30 PM, when Congress leader Shaikh (60) had reached the local party plot in Juhapura to attend a marriage ceremony where following an altercation over the parking he was assaulted with sword by a real estate agent and his two sons, said Aslali police station inspector D S Dodiya.
Shaikh was immediately rushed to V S Hospital where he was treated for head and chest injuries and was later declared out of danger, police added.
An FIR has been lodged against Mohammad Hanif alias Gotilal, his two sons and his driver and an investigation has been initiated, police said.
Gotilal, a real estate dealer, was earlier arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police