Guj: Congress municipal councillor attacked
Ahmedabad: Leader of Opposition and three time member of BJP-ruled Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), Badruddin Shaikh, was allegedly attacked by some men after an altercation broke out over parking, police said.
The incident occurred yesterday at around 9.30 PM, when Congress leader Shaikh (60) had reached the local party plot in Juhapura to attend a marriage ceremony where following an altercation over the parking he was assaulted with sword by a real estate agent and his two sons, said Aslali police station inspector D S Dodiya.
Shaikh was immediately rushed to V S Hospital where he was treated for head and chest injuries and was later declared out of danger, police added.
An FIR has been lodged against Mohammad Hanif alias Gotilal, his two sons and his driver and an investigation has been initiated, police said.
Gotilal, a real estate dealer, was earlier arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- UN chief voices concern over Turkey situation
- Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’ shoot will commence at this breathtaking location – See pic
- WATCH: How Sri Lanka's mystery spinner Lakshan Sandakan left Australia spellbound
- Antibodies that protect against Zika virus in mice identified, claim scientists
- Rio Olympics 2016: India to start with a bang