Guj: Congress municipal councillor attacked
Ahmedabad: Leader of Opposition and three time member of BJP-ruled Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), Badruddin Shaikh, was allegedly attacked by some men after an altercation broke out over parking, police said.
The incident occurred yesterday at around 9.30 PM, when Congress leader Shaikh (60) had reached the local party plot in Juhapura to attend a marriage ceremony where following an altercation over the parking he was assaulted with sword by a real estate agent and his two sons, said Aslali police station inspector D S Dodiya.
Shaikh was immediately rushed to V S Hospital where he was treated for head and chest injuries and was later declared out of danger, police added.
An FIR has been lodged against Mohammad Hanif alias Gotilal, his two sons and his driver and an investigation has been initiated, police said.
Gotilal, a real estate dealer, was earlier arrested in connection with a land grabbing case, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof