Guj Congress `Sardar Sandesh Yatra` concludes
Anand (Gujarat): Gujarat Congress`
`Sardar Sandesh Yatra` came to a close here on Friday, with the
party targeting the senior BJP leader LK Advani and Gujarat
chief minister Narendra Modi.
In the run-up to the state elections, the party had
taken out rallies from six different places of the state, led
by their leaders, which culminated here today.
Targeting Advani and Modi, the state Congress
in-charge Mohan Prakash said, "They prefer to call them `bade
and chote sardar` (that they are followers of Sardar
Vallabhbhai Patel). But they do not follow the principles of
"Recently, Advaniji took out a yatra against
corruption. After roaming through all over India, he could
only find one person to sit in his yatra bus and that was
tainted UP minister Babulal Kushwah. It seems that the yatra
was taken out to enrol corrupt and outlaw elements in BJP,"
Congress campaign committee chairman Shankarsinh
Vaghela alleged, "Gujarat chief minister was behind the Godhra
train incident and terrorist attack on Akshardham temple. The
two were carried out to garner votes."
Vaghela also said that later, 23 encounter were
carried out by the Gujarat police to show that terrorists were
coming to kill the chief minister, but they are turning out to
"Prime minister of that time Atal Bihari Vajpayee had
advised the chief minster to follow Raj Dharma," Vaghela said.
"Now, for what reason you are conducting Sadbhavna
fast?," Vaghela asked.
"BJP has no national leader of its own
during the independence struggle, so they are trying to hijack
Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel, who was originally from the
Congress," Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President
Arjun Modhvadia said.
He promised to the people that if Congress comes to
power, government will give approval to government-granted
schools and make education available to all the sections of
Others, who addressed the rally, included the Leader
of the Opposition Shaktisinh Gohil, Union Minister of State
for Mines minister Dinsha Patel, Union Minister of State for
Railways Bharat Solanki, Minister of State for Transport
Tushar Chaudhary, Congress leader Siddarth Patel and Narhari
A family member of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Yogendra
Patel also addressed the rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey