Guj court to give verdict in 2 riot cases on Apr 9
Ahmedabad: A trial court in Anand district
will be pronouncing judgements on April 9 in two of the
post-Godhra riot cases probed by the Special Investigation
In the first case, 23 persons including women and
children of the minority community were burnt alive in a
house in Pirwali Bhagol area of Ode village on March 1, 2002.
The second case pertains to the same village where an
elderly man was burnt alive by a mob on March 2, 2002.
"Judge PM Singh has fixed April 9 for pronouncement of
judgement," Special Public Prosecutor P N Parmar told PTI.
"In the first case there are 47 accused, while in the
second case there are 15 accused," he said, out of these some
have been tried in both the cases.
The trial began in 2009-end, and was about to conclude
when the then presiding judge resigned in May 2011, citing
personal reasons. Following this, Judge Singh took over, and
arguments were again made before her.
SIT has probed another case out of Ode, where three
persons of minority community were killed in Malva Bhagol.
Final arguments in this case are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug