Guj court to give verdict in 2 riot cases on Apr 9
Ahmedabad: A trial court in Anand district
will be pronouncing judgements on April 9 in two of the
post-Godhra riot cases probed by the Special Investigation
In the first case, 23 persons including women and
children of the minority community were burnt alive in a
house in Pirwali Bhagol area of Ode village on March 1, 2002.
The second case pertains to the same village where an
elderly man was burnt alive by a mob on March 2, 2002.
"Judge PM Singh has fixed April 9 for pronouncement of
judgement," Special Public Prosecutor P N Parmar told PTI.
"In the first case there are 47 accused, while in the
second case there are 15 accused," he said, out of these some
have been tried in both the cases.
The trial began in 2009-end, and was about to conclude
when the then presiding judge resigned in May 2011, citing
personal reasons. Following this, Judge Singh took over, and
arguments were again made before her.
SIT has probed another case out of Ode, where three
persons of minority community were killed in Malva Bhagol.
Final arguments in this case are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail