Guj court to give verdict in 2 riot cases on Apr 9
Ahmedabad: A trial court in Anand district
will be pronouncing judgements on April 9 in two of the
post-Godhra riot cases probed by the Special Investigation
In the first case, 23 persons including women and
children of the minority community were burnt alive in a
house in Pirwali Bhagol area of Ode village on March 1, 2002.
The second case pertains to the same village where an
elderly man was burnt alive by a mob on March 2, 2002.
"Judge PM Singh has fixed April 9 for pronouncement of
judgement," Special Public Prosecutor P N Parmar told PTI.
"In the first case there are 47 accused, while in the
second case there are 15 accused," he said, out of these some
have been tried in both the cases.
The trial began in 2009-end, and was about to conclude
when the then presiding judge resigned in May 2011, citing
personal reasons. Following this, Judge Singh took over, and
arguments were again made before her.
SIT has probed another case out of Ode, where three
persons of minority community were killed in Malva Bhagol.
Final arguments in this case are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das