Guj: EC transfers 4 Collectors, 4 IPS officers
New Delhi: To ensure free and fair elections in Gujarat, the Election Commission has directed the state government to transfer four Collectors and as many IPS officers with immediate effect.
Among the four Collectors replaced are those of Banaskantha, Sabarkantha, Dahod and Tapi.
The Superintendents of Police in Jamnagar and Patan, besides Deputy Commissioner of Police in Surat City and a Joint Commissioner of Special branch in Ahmedabad have also been transferred, EC sources said.
Confirming the transfers, Gujarat`s Chief Electoral Officer Anita Karwal said, "The transfers have been initiated for administrative reasons and for ensuring smooth conduct of elections to help bring in more efficiency."
M Thennarasan replaces J B Vora as Collector-cum-DM of Banaskantha district, while Samina Hussain replaces L C Patel as Collector in Sabarkantha district and Rakesh Shamkar replaces Luni as Collector of Dahod district. Shalini Agarwal takes over from R J Patel as the new collector in Tapi district.
Joint Commissioner of Police, special branch, Ahmedabad, A K Sharma has been transferred out and Vikas Sahai has been posted in his place.
Among the other IPS officers replaced, Himanshu Shukla will take over as the new SP of Jamnagar from H G Patel and Sara Rizvi will take over as the new SP in Patan, replacing M S Bharoda.
M M Anarwala will be the new DCP Surat City replacing N D Solanki. Anarwala was on October 25 shifted from Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic in Ahmedabad, to the state crime record bureau in Gandhinagar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE (cbse.nic.in ) Class X results 2015: CBSE Class 10th Board results likely to be declared tomorrow on cbseresults.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015